Wednesday, March 29, 2017

Pictures from Biosphere PBL

I finally am remembering to post the results from my Earth Science project. I'm happy with how they turned out. I have some new improved ideas for next time. And I still think there was more content the students could have covered. But overall I'm excited with what they produced. I added in a community piece last minute and brought in some guest speakers. But I would like to explore this part more if I were to do the project again.  If I were to do it again the big things I would do more with would be making sure students added in human component.  And then adding in piece that looks at climate and latitude.









I

So much has happened in my classroom since this project....I am really going to work to try keep this blog more updated.  Even if nobody else reads it, I want to be able to use it as a journal for myself. Every time I finish a project or go to a conference or just do something different in the classroom, I get inspired. I'm thinking that when I'm down on what's happening in education and my classroom, I can come back and re-read some of the things I've done and look at the successes I have had. And just get some new inspiration. 
Its been a while since this project but I thought about posting because we just started a new project and my students are doing murals on my walls of the Geologic Eras. They are super excited and very into it already. I think the first biosphere project gave them confidence to paint. 

One more final thought is that I want a goal for myself for next year to be to go back to some of the stuff I've done with reading/writing across content. I think I've gotten away from that, and I want to add more art into my classes. I think art is such a cool way to show/express content and the students get into it. So more project based learning that incorporates reading/writing, art and science! 

Also one more idea I had was that since I'm going to be teaching mostly Earth Science next year, I want to revamp the class so that I'm still hitting the objectives but that it is set up in units by topic. So for example water, or matter. I think I can pull other sciences into the topics and create more interest. I'll write more as I start to outline what this might look like. 

1 comment: